Get home and meet a full of all those things you like instead (and make you smile) is the beginning of the trend Happy Chic that increasingly finds its way among designers
Was Jonathan Adler , considered by critics as a guru in decorating themes, who gave meaning to this proposal until a few years seemed-fetched.
Adler’s proposal was based on a list of ideas which he published in his manifesto , among which highlighted the make home a happy place.
Visual humor: decorate and make it fun
Many of the current projects of decoration Happy Chic are inspired by the work of stampin up, which prioritized much in the use of color as a central element, which breaks with the idea that less is more (minimalism) and recreating environments fun as the house of the popular doll Barbie .
The fidelity to detail forms the basis of this proposal. The bright colors, fringes, retro ceramics, prints seventies and even the bizarre objects can be given together in one place.
Nathalie Roca , interior and fashion designer, owner of Tangle , has a special liking for this item.We talked with her so that we can illustrate more about this trend and did not hesitate to highlight three key style that seem basic Adler:
- Color and more color: closely identified with summer colors denoting freshness (garish yellow, green, orange, blue in all ranges)
- Zero minimalism: tassels, fringes, prints of the 70’s, ornaments, ceramics; everything that enhances the luxury.
- Handmade objects: everything handmade craft or simply enhances and adds value to life.
YOUR HOME TO MAKE YOU HAPPY!
Principles Happy Chic decor
Nathalie had already passed us some of the key proposed by Adler style you definitely have caused great controversy among specialists of the subject. Other parameters of his “philosophy” talk about:
- Taste for craftsmanship : the “goodies” are welcome and will always be to enhance the life of any space.
- Minimalism is a pain : alluding to the maximalism is most appropriate for the space to be happy and fun.
- The child elements are suitable : use hearts, butterflies, stuffed animals and all those things that had left the room for your baby.
- The colors never come into conflict: the chromatic scale does one and sees no way to be a clash between the great variety of tones there.
How is the work of Adler?
Break schemes has always been criticized, but, breaking rules set by the beautiful and the right one is worse. This was the work of Adler, show that calories matter little when it comes to eating something sweet.
In much of his work they include complementary colors and special prints, silhouettes of animals used (I seem to have seen especially the use of giraffes) and intense colors without much their combination.
Happy Chic Decorating Ideas
Is it easy to carry the Happy Chic style home? If! You can start as basic shapes like buying a newcarpet of colors to replace the classic vintage carpet, paint vases of a more striking color. Cover these serious armchairs with some cushions and shapes and colors Children thousands of ideas.
Nathalie also looks very easy idea to bring the Happy Chic home, she recommends
- Vases and lamps in fresh and bright colors.
- Contrast pads stamped with flowers and butterflies (always easy to change linings)
- Opt for stickers in strong colors (you can find designs on the Internet)
Interior decorated in the style Happy Chic!
We should note that this style is rough terrain, the possibilities are endless and although perhaps not necessary to use 100% technical, if we can add details that give vitality and modernity home. Nathalie Roca adds “I personally like and everything is possible and can break the boundaries of the everyday ”
Happy Chic decor in the office
Sure you also happens that you’re thinking: And how I take this style to my office , the place where I spend more time? The same question came to me, so I asked the question to Nathalie … these were their responses
It would be ideal in the workplace! Forget the boring and the formality without losing image we want to convey to our customers. We can translate it into small details on our desk as a table lamp or even colors colorful stationery.
The Happy Chic goes well with steel , which would give elegance to our workspace, decorative pillows in shades of orange with dark brown sofas.
Contrasts in color, ornate mirror or picture that is the focal point of the room, always taking carenot to fall into excesses because the tastes of customers that come to an office are varied.
If we have a corporate color , use in its various shades, if it is a female office we exaggerate a little more.